A word from Eric Niragira.
December 2019 and January 2020 have been special for CEDAC.
I had the opportunity of travel to Burundi and meet with different people who are trying to overcome poverty. Together, we shared ways in which they can use their strength and commitment to serve as an example in community development.
Another important achievement was the recognition of CEDAC as the first Australian organisation operating in Burundi. We have received the commitment of the government for CEDAC programs, to continue the work that we are doing. I was also honoured with the opportunity to have a personal meeting with Pierre Nkurunziza, President of the Republic of Burundi, to discuss our commitment to the country. We also met with different stakeholders and international organisations working in the areas of humanitarian issues and development, who gave us courage to continue our mission in Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and other affected countries.
We will continue to work together with everyone committed to changing the world by creating a good life for others.
I send my warm thanks to
- His Excellency Pierre Nkurunziza, President of Burundi.
- Abdourahmane Ganda, Chief of UN Mission in Uvila
- Marthe Mbegue, Country Director of World Vision in Burundi
- Floride Ahitungiye, Country Director of Search For Common Ground in Burundi
- Moses Chasieh, Country Director of American Friends Service Committee in Burundi
- Julie Claveau, Regional Director of Child Street
- Edward SIMIYU, Country Director of Oxfam in Burundi
supporters in Australia such as Dennis Coleman, Director of Amicus Global Adelaide and his team, my team in Australia, beneficiaries in Burundi and everyone who supported to make the trip a great success.